Your new company
We are working exclusively on behalf of our client based in County Antrim to recruit an Accounts Payable Clerk on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 6 months.
Your new role
Working in the existing team you will be responsible for daily cash transactions posting to the purchase ledger with the main duties including:
- Responsibility for maintaining the underlying financial ledger records for cash receipts received from customers and all outgoing cash/cheque payments to external suppliers/third parties.
- Daily matching of direct debits to computerised system including queuing and uploading of direct debits for collection from customers, set up of new/amended mandates;
- Investigation/follow-up of unknown payments received/made;
- Ensure all invoices are paid in line with supplier/internal deadlines;
- Preparation of all external payments (including BAC's, domestic and international payments)
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered you should have previous experience of operating a sales or ledger system - with a large number of daily transactions. In addition Strong reconciliation skills, coupled with strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and MS Office along with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
What you'll get in return
This role offers an immediate start on a temporary contract for an initial period of 3 months with a possibility of further extension. This is a full time temporary position paying £10.30 per hour which will be paid weekly via Hays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs