Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting on behalf of a large Antrim based public sector body for the position of Financial Accountant. The role is on a 9-month basis and has a start available immediately for the successful candidate.
Your New Role
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist the Head Accountant with the preparation and delivery of the annual accounts;
- Ensure the completion of Whole of Government Accounts;
- Ensure that all tasks and functions within the department are maintained on an ongoing basis throughout the financial year, thus facilitating the completion of the annual accounts and various returns.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of financial accounting systems and processes to meet the objectives of the post and the wider Finance Directorate;
- Ensure the effective management of the capital accounting function to include the maintenance of the relevant aspects of the asset register;
- Assist the Head Accountant with the management of the relationship with the Shared Service functions - Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable;
- Oversee the management of any Payments and Income function retained within the Finance Directorate;
- Liaise with internal and external audit to ensure effective input to audit work and timely implementation of agreed recommendations;
What You'll Need to Succeed
- a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or CIPFA);
- a demonstratable minimum of 2 years' management experience in a finance function
- previous public sector experience desirable, but not essential
What You'll Get in Return
A highly competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of generous annual leave.
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rachel now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs