Ashton Recruitment require a Group Financial Controller
Due to the continued expansion and growth of our client an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Group Financial Controller to lead the finance department of a leading vehicle sales and Logistics Company based in Newtownabbey. The position would suit an ambitious and confident communicate who has the necessary drive to work in a busy working environment and who is wanting to progress with a high growth and internationally trading company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES for a successful Group Financial Controller:
- Development of financial budgets;
- Establishing KPI's for various departments and preparation of exceptional variance reports to identify adverse variances;
- Review and integration of monthly finance board pack with comparison to budget and agreed KPI's;
- Overseeing working capital management strategies within the company;
- Management of stock control and capital investment strategy;
- Experience in Project management and implementation of Management Information systems;
- Monitoring financial performance;
- Play an integral role within the senior management team by contributing to the overall growth strategy and by offering clear direction on its implementation;
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures;
- Willingness to contribute effectively to the commercial strategy of the business; and
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines maintaining attention to detail
Essential Criteria for a Group Financial Controller:
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience working within a finance department or within an accountancy practice demonstrating relevant experience for this role;
- Applicants should be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA) or have suitable experience of working in a similar role within a finance department and be able to clearly demonstrate relevant experience in the above duties.
- Strong Commercial acumen and ability to show examples of driving commercial strategic change.
- Strong experience in establishing KPI's and establishing finance reports to measure performance against budgets;
- Experience of implementing and maintaining a stock based finance system with full product traceability and integration with bespoke management information systems;
- Strong understanding of multi-currency transactions and strategies to mitigate currency risk;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good ability to multitask;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial data and concepts in a clear and concise way, to non-finance professionals.
- Strong Management Skills and ability to manage/ develop finance and accounting staff.
- Strong influencing skills, able to persuade and influence challenging colleagues and partners.
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience of Sage Accounting Software.
- Clean Driving licence.
Duration: Permanent (subject to probationary period)
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience
The position is available for immediate start
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV via the link below, or if you feel like this would be a position of interest to people in your network please share.
Ashton Recruitment is acting as an employment agency.
Experience: 0 yrs