Location: Doagh, Co. Antrim
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Job Type: Temporary, Full Time (6 month period with possibility of being made permanent)
Linnodee Ltd is recruiting a Production Scientist to help with production schedules and administrative duties, also managing a quality system to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards.
- Answer telephone / emails with technical enquiries and sales.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Access.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: typing, printing, labelling, photocopying, faxing, mailing, dispatch and filing.
- Manage stock of office and lab supplies and organise purchasing as required.
- Maintain lab cleanliness.
- Operating standard laboratory equipment.
- Organise and plan ELISA plate production schedule.
- Perform laboratory-based tasks to include but not limited to: dispensing reagents, ELISA plate production, autoclaving, calibration of laboratory equipment, buffer preparation and experiment preparation.
- Enable the laboratory to function effectively whilst adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
- Conducting searches on identified topics relevant to research.
- Amending and writing SOP’s as required.
- Performing ELISA experiments for in-house QC testing.
- Carry out marketing and sales activities which may involve travel.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Provide assistance to Production and Research Scientists.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone /email protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- 5 GCSE’s of grades A-C to include a least two science subjects, A level in Biology or Chemistry desirable but not essential.
- Degree in a life science subject.
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 quality management system and experience in operating this system.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 13485 preferable, but not essential.
- Experience of ELISA techniques.
- Full driving license.
- Effective interpersonal skills including evidence of working within a team.
- Respect and awareness for confidentially.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise duties.
- Ability to take responsibility and work on own initiative.
- Flexibility in approach and ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Business casual appearance.
- Good attendance record.
- Good time keeping.
For more information and to send your CV, CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON.