Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their large Public Sector client to recruit 4 temporary Technical Officer's. These role's will be based in Ballymena and will be full time Mon - Fri.
The duties of these role's will be -
* To carry out a technical assessment of properties for which a grant application has been received, and prepare a costed schedule of works specifying items to be grant aided in accordance with PSIS Technical guidance.
* To prepare a standard solution and scheme design to meet the requirements of the Occupational Therapists recommendation for internal works required under Disabled Facilities Grants.
* To consider the Most Satisfactory course of action in determining the type of grant and works to be carried out for all mandatory, discretionary and energy efficiency grants
* Ensure that plans submitted in support of individual applications meet the technical requirements of the scheme.
* To cost individual applications using the approved Schedule of Rates and in compliance with the PSIS costing policy
* Inspect to ensure works are completed to a satisfactory standard and to the NIHE specification, and recommend payment
* To ensure proper governance is applied in all technical decisions
* To engage with a range of customers and partners including grant applicants, contractors, statutory bodies and NIHE colleagues.
To be eligible for consideration you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
* A Degree in Building Services (or equivalent) with 1 year relevant experience
* BTec Higher Diploma HND in Building Studies (or equivalent) with 2 years relevant experience
* A minimum of 4 years relevant experience
* Relevant experience will be considered as working on the design, improvement or maintenance of domestic properties.
* Also good knowledge with Computer packages
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to undergo an Access NI Clearance at a cost of £26.00
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.