VANRATH are currently recruiting for a Freight Forwarder for our client based Belfast. This Freight Forwarder role is a great permanent job opportunity with a leading National company.
To provide a high quality service, whilst ensuring operational and financial KPI's are aligned with company objectives and overall strategy. The ideal candidate will be empowered to manage the traffic as their own business and be responsible for the P&L.
- Ensure service levels and KPI's are met and where possible improved on a consistent basis
- Transit Schedules
- Customer KPI
- Financial deadlines - Invoicing, Self-Billing and Purchase invoices
- File Closing - ensure P&L forecasts are reported in a timely manner
- Cost control - ensure costs are managed and challenged when necessary
- Ensure all key objectives are met
- Bottom line growth by use of market knowledge and focusing on trailer fill and route optimisation
- Prioritise work load to ensure tasks are completed efficiently
- Plan 15+ trailers per day with a mix of dedicated and non dedicated subcontractors
- Plan cargo from 6 depots in GB and 2 depots on the Island of Ireland
- Plan LTL and FTL to fully utilise own vehicles and ensure freight forwarding budget is reached
- Negotiate with subcontractors and confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists, to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure customer needs are met and freight moves through our network in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.
The Ideal Person:
- A minimum of 2 years experience Freight Forwarding role, ideally on UK / Irish Market
£18,000 - £22,000 Per Annum
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Business Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jessica Grieve in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Experience: 0 yrs