Your new company
Our client, a food distribution company, are recruiting an experienced Regional Transport Manager.
Your new role
The role requires a candidate who will:
* Demonstrate inspirational leadership, have a deep understanding of the industry sector and come with an innovative and stretching outlook.
* Continually drive levels of driver engagement that feed through to customer service, satisfaction and sales growth which will be measured through internal and external metrics
* Experience of delivering to the exacting requirements of our customers while managing the integrity of the supply chain and driving for excellence through teamwork is expected.
* Continuously improving overall profitability throughout the delivery function, working with the sales leadership to explore opportunity and efficiencies.
* Taking a highly collaborative approach to continually contribute to the development of the overall delivery strategy nationwide with the National Transport Manager & team, while dealing with a complex and changing / challenging environment.
* The agility to drive the very best out of tools and systems to drive improvement and performance in a highly system and process arena.
What you'll need to succeed
* Relevant Business or Supply Chain Qualification [CPC obligatory] with 5+ years' experience in Logistics / Delivery senior roles [preferably FMCG]
* Knowledge of the logistics, operations and foodservices industry, with strong communication and influencing skills
* A highly motivated and ambitious individual yet be a team player with ability to work on own initiative.
* Proven ability to maintain and develop effective relationships both internally and externally, relishing teamwork and fostering its benefits to the organisation.
* A proven leader
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 10% bonus
- Paid leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs