Your new company
Our client, a public sector organisation in Belfast, have a 1 year fixed term contract available for a Procurement Project Adviser.
Your new role
Support the Category Manager in ensuring that procurement programmes are managed in line with the capital plan and co-ordinated to achieve value for money.
* Ensure that links are maintained between contract documents for procurement packages to achieve the best strategic outcome for the project delivery.
* Conduct reviews of procurement documentation and make recommendations to the Category Manager to ensure that the potential for exposure to risk, procurement fraud and the likelihood of a legal challenge are mitigated.
* Gather and utilise market intelligence to inform procurement decisions through the delivery of intuitive, commercially astute advice.
* Ensure that procurement activity is in line with best procurement practice and compliant with public procurement policy and any other relevant legislative requirements.
* Build strong working relationships with customers and suppliers.
Support the Category Manager on managing supplier performance and compliance with agreed service levels - and on taking remedial action as required.
* Adhere to CSR obligations
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of procurement in a large organisation
- Experience of delivering procurement benefits
- Experience of use of online tendering portals
- Knowledge and application of contract drafting and commercial terms and conditions.
- Studying towards CIPS Level 4 procurement qualification, with at least two years' procurement
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs