Here at Brightwater we are excited to be working with our Belfast based client within Public Service, to assist with the recruitment of Drivers. There is urgency within this role due to a high product demand.
The primary function of the LGV Driver/Loader is to provide operational cover for all vehicles and associated duties utilised in Cleansing Services.
The Driver/Loader will undertake a variety of duties connected with driving a range of vehicles, supervising operatives, undertaking street cleansing and the collection of waste and recyclable materials from a variety of locations, for delivery to a reception point. Duties will be undertaken within specified area or areas as appropriate and incorporate the use of the full range of refuse collection containers, associated collection equipment, information and telecommunications technology.
The Driver/Loader will also be required to undertake other Refuse Collection or Street Cleansing duties as required, when not involved in driving duties.
The role will be ongoing at a rate of £10.14ph and the hours will be discussed if successful.
· To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers. Also to ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and to safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route.
· To carry out refuse collection and recycling duties, with due regard to property and with minimum disturbance to members of the public.
· To empty all types of receptacle and lift all loose waste, as required, ensuring the safe collection and disposal of waste.
· To adhere to instructions given regarding the use of landfill or other disposal sites and transfer stations.
· To adhere to appropriate driving guidelines – driver daily checks, accident procedure and drivers’ procedures, and other relevant duties.
· To operate any collection systems as required.
· To take part in all required training activities.
· To complete all daily record sheets – mileage, fuel, defects, and other documents.
· have a full, current ‘C’ category driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland.
· have a full, current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification; and be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples
· at least one year’s relevant work experience of each of the following: driving a LGV in a commercial or public sector environment and dealing directly with members of the public, in person.
· an understanding of the importance of personal responsibility for health and safety compliance.
For more information please contact Natasha Feenan at Brightwater Recruitment Belfast.
If you feel your experience matches the requirements, please apply for this role with an up to date CV outlining this.
For more information on this and similar roles please contact Natasha Feenan at Brightwater Recruitment Belfast