JOB PURPOSE: To assist with the preparation and delivery of maintenance and facilities related services required to support core College business, and maintain College buildings, grounds and facilities. The post will also include a requirement to assist with coordinating the College’s operational Covid-19 compliance requirements.
Reporting to: Estates Services Operational Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with the preparation and delivery of planned, reactive and cyclical building maintenance programmes ensuring compliance with statutory legislation and good engineering/industry practice.
2. Carry out a range of general maintenance duties across campus buildings including mechanical and electrical repairs and installations in the key areas of plant, ventilation, mechanical and electrical systems and building fabric.
3. To assist with the effective scheduling of all planned, reactive and cyclical maintenance requirements via the Estates management information system (Concept).
4. To ensure the maintenance and safe operation of all plant, vehicles, equipment, tools and facilities including monitoring, repairing or arranging repair, maintenance and/or replacement to support these areas of responsibility.
5. Supervise and support external sub-contractors as required, assisting with the scheduling and allocation of duties and to ensure they conform to current Health and Safety regulations concerning safe working practices.
6. To hold, chair and minute contractor meetings relating to assigned areas of responsibility as required.
7. To liaise with and supervise consultants and contractors on minor works contracts ensuring that all works are carried out in compliance with relevant legislation, that all systems and equipment conform to current legislation and to undertake financial monitoring to ensure work is carried out within allocated budget.
8. To assist with the daily operation and monitoring of the College’s Building Management system to maintain comfort levels for all building users.
9. To assist with the management of inventory of all Estates related assets used within the College effectively utilising the Asset Management system.
10. Assist with Estates helpdesk management or cover as required.
11. To assist with the inspection and compilation of condition survey reports of plant, machinery and building condition, as requested, and updating of survey information as required.
12. To prepare specifications and other tender documentation for the procurement of supplies, works and services as necessary in accordance with University College procedures.
13. Ensure that all works under their control are undertaken with due regard for Health and Safety and are in accordance with legislation and codes of good practice and to prepare and undertake relevant risk assessments.
14. To carry out any duties that may be delegated with respect to Health & Safety including Fire, Electrical, Gas and Water Systems safety and other statutory and regulatory compliance matters within the College.
15. To assist in the preparation and maintaining of Estates records including risk assessments, surveys and reports necessary to provide an effective and safe service.
16. To keep informed regarding new technical developments within the industry and to make recommendations regarding the adoption and acquisition of such
developments to the College.
17. To assist with coordinating the College’s operational Covid-19 compliance requirements including:
- Assist with coordinating the flushing programme across all campus buildings ensuring that temperatures are recorded and any required remedial actions are progressed;
- Provide cover for flushing team members during periods of absence;
- Assist with coordinating Covid-19 related cleaning requirements within frequently used areas/toilets/touchpoints etc. with the College’s external cleaning contractor;
- Check/reorder Covid-19 related PPE supplies;
- Ensure all hand sanitising stations are regularly topped up;
- Coordinate any disinfection/fogging requirements on campus;
- Ensuring external contractors adhere to Covid-19 safety measures whilst on campus;
- Provide cover for maintenance officers during periods of absence.
18. Support other Estates department operational staff including provision of cover for absent colleagues and undertake emergency callouts as necessary.
19. To comply with the College’s Equal Opportunities policy and help to ensure compliance within the Estates function.
20. To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
The above is not an exhaustive list and the post holder will be expected to undertake all activities that can be reasonably expected for the successful delivery of Estates services within a Higher Education institution environment.
The College reserves the right to review this job description and make reasonable changes as necessary following consultation with the role holder
To apply, please CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB