Vacancy Reference - 16761
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Ranger to be based in Belfast - Stormont. This is a part time, weekend role, 16 hours per week, Saturday and Sunday only. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last for 3 months with a possible extension.
The following duties will be required -
* General monitoring of the Estate and assisting with its running
* Opening, closing and checking the security of buildings and setting alarms where appropriate;
* Completing personal time sheets and vehicle log sheets and such other returns as may be required from time to time
* Carry out regular inspections of roads, paths, woodland walks, fence lines and picnic areas etc and providing reports
* Light cleaning of formal bench seating and bins
* Patrolling sites and enforcing byelaws where appropriate
* Encouraging responsible behaviour by the public
* Escorting/supervision of groups, demonstrating sites, participation in the organising and running of events and giving talks using an information package prepared in conjunction with wardening staff
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Possession of a full driving licence and access to a means of transport
* Ability to work bank holiday weekends
* Reading and writing skills to record visitor information requirements
* An interest in the environment with local history
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.