Vacancy Reference: 17391
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Joiner for the Belfast area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £10.08 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
To provide a joinery service of construction and maintenance in domestic, commercial and industrial buildings on behalf of the NIHE. You will ensure that all work is carried out to an extremely high standard, and that all Client requirements are attended to.
* To undertake, as and when required, first and second fix joinery work associated with major and minor construction work, and other maintenance and refurbishment work.
* To undertake all joinery work as necessary in the maintenance and refurbishment of Housing Executive stock / buildings including fitting kitchens and floor and wall tiling o repair, renew and maintain doors, door frames, windows etc.
* To fit as and when required cupboards, shelving, fencing, carcassing, simple form-work and roof trusses, slating and tiling and flat roof construction etc.
* To provide a service to customers and maintain a good customer relationship on behalf of the NIHE.
* To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access arrangements, discuss work required etc.
* To attend meetings, training sessions as required and have willingness to participate in training with a view to carrying out work outside of normal trade duties.
* Minor work outside trade where required.
The successful applicants will also be required to provide an emergency call out service, at night and weekends, on a rota basis. Candidates will normally be on call for a 7 day period at a time.
* Completed either a time served or skills apprenticeship; and
* At least 1 years' post apprenticeship experience; and
* You must also have a full current driving licence or access to a form of transport which would enable you to carry out the required duties of this post.
* At least 3 years' post apprenticeship experience
* Response maintenance experience
Benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment:
* Competitive weekly pay
* Positions exclusive to Kennedy Recruitment
* Chance to be considered for more desirable opportunities
* Ongoing training and support with our specialist Consultants
* Opportunity to progress your career with Kennedy recruitment
How to apply:
To be considered for this role click on the 'Apply' button and upload a copy of your CV. You can also call us on 028 9033 0555 to speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and discussing this opportunity, as well as the many benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business. Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will start at the bottom of the scale and receive annual incremental pay increases. However, under our client's policy, there is flexibility to start at a higher point within the scale based on an applicant's previous salary. This can be discussed further at offer stage.