Reports to: Section Manager
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week/Rotational shifts
Salary: £11.91 p/h
Main Purpose of Job
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK. This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with You.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Vault Officers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Vault Officer you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be all aspects of security and operations of the vaults including security and traceability of cash containers (including notes and coins) entering, within and leaving the vault department. You will also need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained with optimum efficiency. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function dealing with internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for ensuring accurate and secure loading/unloading of CIT, ATM and Trunker vehicles.
- Carry out daily Vault Audits, identifying and investigating discrepancies and report to management as necessary.
- Be aware of health and safety issues and ensure all staff are able to work in a safe manner.
- Control exit and entry of vehicles to loading bay(s) and branch where applicable.
- Must always adhere to Operational Standing Orders.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and ensure records are retained and stored correctly.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Liaise with other departments, branches, customers and suppliers, as appropriate, to resolve issues and maintain service.
- Follow company procedures to ensure the security of cash, valuables, staff and premises is maintained at all times.
- Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the vaults both routinely and in an emergency using appropriate security measures.
- Using a computerised system (Viper) to ensure an audit trail for all cash/containers is maintained at all times.
- Prepare consignments of customer funds for dispatch to vehicles.
- Full and proper use of mechanical handling equipment.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Issue, receive and maintain security of all keys held within the secure area .
- Monitor branch and vehicle holdings to ensure they are within insurance indemnities, reporting any potential breaches.
This job description will be subject to change in accordance with operational developments and the job holder’s expertise.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and ID check.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Heavy lifting involved so must be physically fit
- Willing to undergo an airport style search when entering and leaving our premises
- Must be comfortable working within a secure, confined and highly regulated environment.
- Willing to undertake shift work
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Security conscious.
- Ability to be available 24/7 / Shift work pattern.
- Ability to work in a security confined environment.
Please note that during probation there is a 60p deduction from the advertised hourly rate for the first 6 months and 30p for a following 6 months after 6 month probation has been complete.
“We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as Catholics are currently underrepresented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from the Roman Catholic community. Appointment will be made strictly on merit.”
If you are interested please apply by submitting your CV & Cover letter CLICKING APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Closing date - 21.10.19