Vacancy Reference: 15560
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor for the Belfast area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37.5 hours per week, at rate of £14.18 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
Under the direction of audit management or more senior auditors:
* Contribute to the development of Internal Audit in the Executive and participate in the business planning process to ensure an effective and efficient Internal Audit service
* Contribute to the analysis of the organisation’s overall internal control system and assist in establishing a review programme with the purpose of providing a statement of assurance based on evaluation of the system
* Participate in the review of the development of controls in new and existing systems (be they manual, computerized, financial or business) to achieve objectives in the most economic and efficient manner
* Assist and advise in developing standards for application to audit assignments in line with PSIAS requirements
* Assist and advise audit and/or line management on his or her specialist area of responsibility
* Assist in developing and improving departmental procedures and practices to be followed in carrying out audit assignments
* Develop a programme of audit coverage and prepare planning memoranda for assignments approved
* Prepare initial plans, programmes and procedures for assignments undertaken and supervise the activities of auditors and trainee auditors allocated to these. (This will encompass motivation, performance, training and development of these staff.)
* Ensure assignments are carried out in accordance with approved audit standards, plans, programmes and procedures
* Full Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA level); or Full CCAB qualification (Institutes of Chartered Accountants England and Wales, Scotland, Ireland;; Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy)
* The post holder must have access to a form of transport which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post, be prepared to travel, and, where necessary, to stay overnight at locations throughout Northern Ireland as required
Benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment:
* Competitive weekly pay
* Positions exclusive to Kennedy Recruitment
* Chance to be considered for more desirable opportunities
* Ongoing training and support with our specialist Consultants
* Opportunity to progress your career with Kennedy recruitment
How to apply:
To be considered for this role click on the 'Apply' button and upload a copy of your CV. You can also call us on 028 9033 0555 to speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and discussing this opportunity, as well as the many benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business. Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.