Vacancy Reference - 16853
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Information Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and expected to last for 1 year. The following duties will be required -
* As a member of the Illegal Money Lending Team, the Senior Communications Officer will be responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of the Illegal Money Lending Teams Communication strategies, activities, budgets and performance.
* Key service delivery areas of the role include communications, marketing, graphic design and public affairs. With a team of circa 2 staff, the post holder in conjunction with Head of Consumer Empowerment and Protection will assist in the development and delivery of the Council's communication strategy and business objectives.
* This delivery will take the form of ensuring the effective development, implementation and delivery of a communications strategy and work programme which looks to proactively maximise the Consumer Council's strategic objectives of empowering, representing and protecting consumers in Northern Ireland.
* The individual will with the support of the Director of Illegal Money Lending will be the communications lead and champion within the Illegal Money Lending Team and will be the driver to ensure that the organisation delivers against its mission, values and strategic framework in the area of responsibility. The individual will need access to a suitable form of transport to meet the mobility requirements of the role.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Relevant experience within a PR, or communications role.
* Excellent written skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and formats e.g. press releases, social media, and reports. Ability to proof read and edit.
* Knowledge of a variety of PR and communications tactics such as media relations, events, online.
* A solid understanding of how the media works and an up-to-date knowledge of the current media landscape.
* Experience of working with media on both a reactive and proactive basis.
* Knowledge of how to use social media, preferably for business use.
* Up-to-date knowledge of a variety of social media platforms.
* Experience of editing and proofreading your own or someone else's writing.
* Ability to follow set guidelines for written style and quality, and to follow processes and procedures and support others to do the same.
* Experience of writing content for digital channels, such as websites and social media (for business).
* Experience of using social media publishing platforms.
* Experience of podcast production.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, customers, partners and the media both in writing and verbally.
* Ability to understand complex information quickly and to present and explain it to others.
* Experience of writing in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate tone, style, grammar and language for the reader.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.