Vacancy Reference - 16560
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit two temporary Construction Project Sponsors to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week. The post will require an immediate start.
The following duties will be required -
* The Project Sponsor on a construction project is the Client's representative, acting as a single focal point for day-to-day management of the Client's interest in a project, securing its development and delivery and leading its post implementation review
* Project Sponsors should fully understand the Client's business and may act as, or work with, the Project Manager. They will also liaise with independent Client advisers or specialist members of the supplier team as required
* Preparing Business Cases and Investment Appraisals and updating as required
* Ensuring that the business need is valid and correctly prioritised
* Ensuring that Gateway reviews are undertaken
* Managing the resources allocated by the SRO or Line Manager
* Preparing the Project Brief for the Project Manager, making the role of design clear in setting the brief and achieving the goals of the project
* Controlling changes (if required) following approval, ensuring that change control procedures are adhered to
* Ensuring appropriate risk management on the project
* Managing the project budget
* Fee claims, variations, payments within approved financial limits and developing a cost plan, including the risk allowance
* Ensuring that the project is properly launched
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Minimum of 5 years' experience delivering property maintenance or minor new works
* A construction related Degree (such as engineering, building surveying, quantity surveying, architecture, building services)
* A chartered member of construction professional institution (such as ICE, RICS, CIOB, RIBA, CIBSE, CIAT)
* Driving License
* Experience of delivering construction projects within the Client side of the NI public service
* Experience of managing construction works contractors
* Experience of supervising technical staff and administrative staff (including technical staff provided by sub-contract resources)
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.