Vacancy Reference - 18550
We are currently recruiting for a band 3 Clerical Officer to be based in Belfast. This will be a full-time temporary role, consisting of 37.5 hours per week and expected to last for three months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for ensuring that all new referrals received are registered appropriately and accurately.
* Monitor waiting list to ensure patients do not breech the agreed waiting time.
* Ensure that the partial booking procedure is adhered to in a consistent manner.
* To ensure that when adding patients to the dietetic waiting list that all referral details are correct as this reflects the Outpatient waiting times.
* To make appointments appropriately, ensuring patients with the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order, to issue appointment letters.
* Ensuring that clinic capacity is utilised, acting in partnership with the admin manager.
* To liaise with dietitians / GPs / other specialists when making appointments.
* To ensure that telephone calls are handled in a courteous / pleasant manner, ensuring appointments are appropriately offered in line with IEAP. (Integrated Elective Access Protocol)
* Ensure review appointments are made as per clinical specification.
* Ensure that clinics are attended on system in a timely manner.
* Booking of interpreters when required.
* Booking of dietetic appointments in conjunction with consultant appointments.
* Provide clinic lists in advance and ensure client files are prepared prior to their clinic appointment.
* Liaise with clients, staff, and departments internal and external to the Trust to ensure full and efficient service.
* Develop, maintain and monitor IT systems to record and produce work of a consistently high standard as required.
* Records management maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
* Typing of reports, letters of which will contain medical / clinical terminology etc. ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times.
* Ensure all mail is distributed and re-directed as appropriate.
* Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
* Ensure all office duties carried out in accordance with local policies and procedures, i.e. Filing, Faxing, Photocopying and Data Entry.
* Assist in the production/collation of statistics as required i.e. accountability review.
* Maintain adequate supplies of stock / stationary as required.
* Participate in cash handling duties as and when required.
* Maintain standards of confidentiality regarding all information held in respect of service users and professional staff.
* Ensure that standards are maintained at all times in accordance with Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act.
* Participate in quality assurance exercises.
* To participate in the training and or mentor new staff on work procedures during induction and ongoing work until they are fully competent.
* To meet as an administrative team regularly.
* Deal with day-to-day queries as appropriate.
* Provide cover for staff during periods of sick / annual leave and be flexible in meeting the needs of the service.
* Such other duties as appropriate.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* 4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative/clerical experience
* NVQ Level II in Administation and one year's administrative/clerical experience
* A minimum of two year's administrative/clerical experience.
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* The Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
* Knowledge of waiting lists and PAS
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.