Vacancy Reference - 18766
We are currently recruiting for a band 3 Administrator to be based in Belfast. This will be a full-time temporary role consisting of 37.5 hours per week for four months initially.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To undertake any administrative and secretarial tasks as required by the Multi Disciplinary Team.
* To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Multi Disciplinary Team, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
* Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate to grade.
* Assist in the coordination and follow up of arrangements and documentation to ensure patients receive treatment at the right time.
* Participate and organise meetings and take appropriate action in line with service provision.
* Take and transcribe minutes at meetings as required.
* To open and prioritise all incoming mail and action accordingly.
* Typing of correspondence and other documents as required - both audio typing and copy typing for the Multi Disciplinary Team.
* To ensure all medical case notes are appropriately maintained in accordance with Trust Policies and Procedures.
* Preparation and follow up of clinic/notes as required.
* Create a new set of patient notes as required.
* Collect and collate statistical information, and input data onto computer databases.
* When necessary deal with fast track referrals to ensure timely appointments are made.
* Assist patients and their carers by arranging translation/interpretation facilities.
* To deputise for the Medical Secretary as and when required.
* Such other duties as may be assigned.
* Arrange patient transport as and when required.
* Any other duties required to maintain the day to day running of the Chronic Pain Service.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* 4 GCSEs Grade C or above, to include English Language or equivalent qualifications, and 1 year's secretarial/ clerical experience OR NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 1 year's secretarial experience OR two years' secretarial / clerical experience and GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent qualification.
* RSA/OCR Stage II word processing/typewriting.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Access and Power Point.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
* Previous experience compiling and producing clear and accurate documents, reports and letters.
* Ability to develop good working relationships with officers of various grade and professions.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.