Honeycomb is assisting our client, an influential Government body, with the recruitment of a Youth Assembly Participation Officer. This role is full time and temporary, initially for a period of 12 months.
An influential government body based in Belfast.
This role is graded as a Clerical Supervisor level. Supervisors will normally work as part of a team and may have line management responsibility for one or more staff. Clerical Supervisors are responsible for their own work and for the day to day organisation and management of administrative work in an office, to ensure high quality service delivery.
The Education Service requires immediate assistance to develop and implement plans, processes, policies and the operational modalities to establish and deliver the Northern Ireland Youth Assembly as agreed and announced by the Assembly Commission.
The Participation Officer will work as part of a team within the Education Service and will be managed by the Youth Assembly Managers. The Participation Officer will be required to undertake a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Engaging with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including young people, to make sure their voices are heard throughout the pioneer phase of the Youth Assembly;
- Assisting in the design and delivery of a recruitment process for young people to the Youth Assembly;
- Assisting in the design and delivery of an induction and training programme for members of the Youth Assembly;
- Assisting in planning and delivery of sittings of the Youth Assembly and its committees;
- Assisting in the development of policies, processes and procedures in relation to the Youth Assembly;
- Assisting in the design and delivery of communication and awareness raising plans in relation to the Youth Assembly; and
- Assisting in the administrative work associated with the design and delivery of the Youth Assembly.
Applicants must, by the closing date for applications
Candidates must have:
- a) GCSE passes at Grades A, B or C in five separate subjects, which must include English Language and Mathematics (or qualifications that can be shown to be of an equivalent or higher level); and
- b) One year's experience in the provision of participative youth led-projects; and
- c) Experience of designing and delivering training development opportunities for young people.
- Prior experience in a participation role in a national or regional youth parliament [/assembly/body];
- Experience in the delivery of youth projects for a large youth organisation;
- Experience of developing policy relating to work with young people;
- Knowledge of the structures and role of the Northern Ireland Assembly [and the Northern Ireland youth sector].
Salary for this role is £29,398 - £30,413
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Louise Quinn, Professional Services Manager at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs