Honeycomb is delighted to be working with an award winning company in the Transport Sector looking for an experienced Transport Planner to support and manage transport requirements across the UK and Ireland.
The Client is an award winning and recognised company based in Northern Ireland with contracts across mainland UK and Ireland. With a focus on employee well-being, the client's premises have a warm and friendly atmosphere from the moment you walk in to their open, spacious building located in Belfast. Employee development and progression is a strong focus to the client, highlighted with paid training opportunities at the company.
The role of the Transport Planner is to:
- daily enhance and maximise the profitability of each vehicle
- ensuring the highest quality of customer service
- Keeping up to date with transport legislation and regulation on a company wide scale
- Taking and managing the transport department telephone calls including out of hours on a rota basis
- Plan and assign loads and routes to drivers whilst ensuring compliance to health and safety and drivers working time regulations
- Maintain relationship with all other departments
- Communicate with customers regarding delivery and collection requirement
The successful candidate will be a proactive, professional individual with efficient time management who works well as part of a team and to their own initiative. The candidate will have 1 year's previous experience in a transport service provider, or similar administrative role. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, specifically Excel and Word, would be a requirement for the role. GCSE English & Maths Grade C or above will be a requirement. Please note it is essential to come from a Transport service provider background.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary with fantastic benefits package, including free on site parking.
This is a great opportunity to work for a leading company in the Transport Industry, so don't miss out! Please contact Aaron Andrews on 02896 207050 or alternatively apply online via this advertisement. Please note that all applications are managed confidentially.
Experience: 0 yrs