Honeycomb is working alongside a key Governance Research Institution for the uptake of a G/7 'Strategic Research Dev Manager'. FT 3mth+ contract role. Highly competitive package. G.Belfast.
The Client - Working in partnership with a spectrum of agencies & parties; this client coordinates multiple research campaigns across a range of sites regionally and abroad. Extensive coordination of funding is awarded due to the success of collaborative cross-sector outcomes.
The Role - This Senior Appointment demands a 'proactive proposal development service', including coordinating the contribution from research led colleagues and external collaborators to ensure the submission of high quality, suitably costed, robust, competitive and fundable applications.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- To identify and promote relevant research funding calls to research focused colleagues and to increase engagement with a range of funding bodies
- To provide comprehensive advice and guidance on funding opportunities and applications, based on expert knowledge of relevant funding bodies and agencies, to maximise the success rate of applications and income to the wider organisation
- To coordinate and review applications, providing direct support and guidance to researchers throughout the application process, ensuring that applications are properly costed in line with the requirements of the funding body
- To advise the wider research community on all aspects of external grant submission, from alerting of funding opportunities to interpretation of complex call rules and guidelines, to reviewing of applications in line with call requirements and providing feedback, to timely submission of the grant ensuring that all relevant external and internal procedures are followed;
- To liaise and engage with external funding agencies in order to seek intelligence and guidance on forthcoming funding opportunities, in advance of official funding calls and to organise, encourage and enable research teams to react and make application
- Research development experience in a research establishment or a funding agency. This includes application review and guidance; interpretation of complex call rules and guidelines; and timely submission of successful applications in line with funding requirements.
- Experience of working with research funding bodies with a demonstrable understanding of the priorities, operation and strategy of research funding bodies and the requisite components of a successful high value research grant application
- Experience in managing a busy and complex portfolio of work with strict deadlines.
**Please note, applicants who do not demonstrate relevant experience will not be considered for this role. Due to a high response of applications in the current climate, we are unable to provide individual feedback, however will endeavour to get back to you.**
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
Experience: 0 yrs