Honeycomb is partnering with a distinctive public sector client to recruit for a 'Small Grants Development Manager' on a FT basis 10-12mths. Excellent package, Belfast.
The Client - This client operates across 3 sites regionally with a strong Directorate overseeing extensive EU Commissioned budgets with regards managing and promoting a high volume of community focused projects.
The Role - Reporting into Directorate level personnel and assisting the secretarial functionality; this integral role will be to assist in the design and fundamental management of procedures with respect to the provision and distribution of small grants (each envisaged to be scaled at £10k - 100k) to smaller parties looking to avail of EU commissioned funding.
This 'Project' will likely include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Prepare a background and direction for the small grants programme, based on need identified and the regulations of the EU PEACE Plus Programme
- Establish and service a working group/project board for small grant development involving key internal and external stakeholders; some direct consultation should be undertaken with beneficiaries to inform capacity level and funding levels
- Make recommendations for mentoring assistance programme or stakeholder partnership working plan, which will provide pre-application support for applicants
- Checking the eligibility and characteristics of applicants and target groups suggested levels of funding for the establishment and management of the PEACE PLUS Small Grants Programme systems with rationale for support
- Prepare suggested procedures and processes for the small grants programme, with comparisons to other examples in the UK/Ireland/EU
- Prepare a risk register, with means of mitigation throughout the process, given the size and nature of groups which may apply
- Provide a liaison point between the Managing Authority, Joint Secretariat, Audit Authority and others to ensure information flow between the various branches in the development of the project
Present findings and recommendations to key internal and external stakeholders as required
- 5 GCSEs grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent or Leaving Certificate (Standard/Ordinary level) - 5 grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2+ year's experience of audit or verification of grant claims, in accordance with approved procedures within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors
- Experience of developing or implementing grants programmes
- Experience in drafting processes and procedures in line with regulatory or legislative requirements;
- Experience in drafting and monitoring financial and non-financial reports, and follow-up action as required.
- Good technical skills with previous experience in IT systems such as spreadsheets, databases, user interface systems.
- Third level qualification in a financial or business related subject area.
- Management of EU structural funds.
- Experience of the design, implementation and operation of grant management systems.
- Experience of training staff or other stakeholders on processes or procedures.
- Experience of technical writing with regard to communicating the processes outlined in the job role
- Good knowledge of financial processes, which can assist in the development of simplified cost option
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Experience: 0 yrs