Honeycomb is delighted to be working with our client, a leading local government organisation, to recruit an Experienced Research Officer (Health),3mth+ contract. Competitive package, flexi-time & free parking.
The Role - This client would contribute towards the progression of the promotion of health and well being as part of it's remit in relation the governance of public health. Reporting into a Senior Research Manager & has potential to extend further than the initially proposed longevity.
As an experienced 'Research Officer', your typical duties would involve but not be limited to:
- Engage with research directorate dept in order to understand their research requirements;
- Retrieve and synthesise information from a wide range of sources, including online databases;
- Provide timely, accurate, high quality and impartial research and analysis on subjects related to the post and other issues for the accessibility of a range of parties
- Produce a range of research outputs, including customised research papers, legislative analysis briefings and blog posts, which are well written, concise and accessible;
- Present research briefings and respond to Committee members' questions in public session;
- Proactively forge and develop links with government officials, external research bodies/communities, and other parliamentary library and research services;
- Work collaboratively as an effective team member
The Person -
Essential Criteria (please note you will not be considered or contacted for application without the following):
- Be in possession of at least a second-class honours degree (or equivalent or post-graduate qualification), which contained at least 50% of the course content relating to Health. Applicants must indicate how their qualification/s are relevant to the subject of Health.
- Have 2+ years' experience working in a paid research capacity throughout an area surrounding 'public health'.
- Be conducting objective, evidence-based research.
- Have experience producing and delivering evidence-based research findings to help inform discussion and decision making relating to policy development.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Experience: 0 yrs