Honeycomb is partnering with a distinctive public sector client to recruit for a Grants focused Programme Officer on a FT basis 9mths. Excellent package, Belfast.
The Client - This client operates across 3 sites regionally with a strong Directorate overseeing extensive budgets with regards managing and promoting a high volume of community focused projects.
The Role - Reporting into a Financial Control unit; the main duties of this position surround implementing the first stage processes in respect of EU grant payments in accordance with EU and Member State regulations to approved projects. Further duties will consist of but will not be limited to:
- To manage the verification process for an allocated/specified case load
- Identification and recording of irregularities
- Provide support on case management of project modification requests
- Data Processing
- Liaising with a wide range of individuals and organisations
- Manage multiple coordination of projects, which involves the verification of partner expenditure claims, which may require on-site inspection at Lead and / or Project Partners premises.
- Monitor budgets, work packages and approve budget modifications when necessary for projects within case load.
- Provide clear guidance to Lead Partners on the verification process & eligibility of expenditure
- Contribute to the management of the work flow of Verification Officers and Clerical Officers.
- Analyse and interpret financial data, interpret trends and report to the Financial Control Management Team.
- Ensure that full and accurate audit trail and supporting documents are input correctly
- Responsible for the integrity and control of the financial and non-financial data stored on information systems.
- Responsible for the detection and reporting of irregularities.
- Facilitate the work of internal and external auditors appointed to report on the operation of systems and controls.
- Ensure that the electronic storage of information is GDPR compliant.
- 5 GCSEs grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent or Leaving Certificate (Standard/Ordinary level) - 5 grades A-C (including English Language and Maths) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1+ year's experience of audit or verification of grant claims, in accordance with approved procedures within the public, private, voluntary or community sectors
- Experience in working with, understanding and interpreting financial data.
- Experience of collation and monitoring of non-financial information (drafting reports, etc.) and follow-up action as required.
- Experience in the use of IT for the purpose of audit, verification and / or financial reporting.
- Third level qualification in a financial or business related subject area.
- Practical experience of EU structural fund co-ordination/implementation.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Experience: 0 yrs