Honeycomb is working exclusively with the charity "Gambling with Lives" to recruit for an experienced Programme Manager who will be responsible for delivering a range of education materials and programmes aimed at highlighting the impact gambling can have on mental health and well being. This is a permanent and full time role.
Gambling with Lives (GwL) was established in 2018 by the families and friends of people who had taken their own lives as a direct result of gambling.
Gambling with Lives aims to:
- Improve mental health and save lives through raising awareness of the risks to health of gambling
- Provide support to the family and friends of the victims of gambling related suicide and those suffering gambling addiction
Purpose of the role
The Programme Manager will be responsible for GwL's work in Northern Ireland with a focus on the roll-out and ongoing delivery of the Gambling with Lives education programme, the work of the Big Step, and broader work of contributing to the campaign for change. Working closely with the Senior Programme Manager at GwL (Manchester based), and GwL's Northern Ireland based Trustee, the role holder will build partnerships in NI to enable the role out of the charity's education programme, Big Step campaign, and coordinate broader campaign activities.
- Secure partnerships with secondary schools and community based organisations to deliver the GwL education materials
- Work with teachers and community leaders to deliver the education materials in secondary schools, and community based organisations including sports clubs
- Oversee the delivery of the education materials in Northern Ireland and potentially other areas remotely
- Manage the evaluation of the effectiveness of the education materials
- Ensure quality assurance for when the materials are delivered by teachers, trainers or tutors.
- Contribute to programme meetings with GwL management
- Build relationships with local education bodies and monitor future opportunities to expand partnerships
- Promote the campaign objectives of GwL and The Big Step
- Contribute to the design of Expert by Experience (EbE) training and development packages
- Experience of delivering education, awareness or training initiatives to young people and/or adults
- A track record of building partnerships with schools, community based organisations and/or sports clubs
- Experience of liaising and engaging with a variety of relevant stakeholders in education, research and in charities
- The ability to promote the educational programme effectively
- Ability to work to and deliver agreed outcomes
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines
- Outstanding ability on IT applications
- Strong analytic ability and independent judgement with the confidence to develop the skills required to identify and eliminate the industry friendly 'safer/responsible gambling narrative' from all communications
- Exemplary interpersonal skills. Ability to demonstrate empathy, diplomacy and thoughtfulness in all communications, verbal and written
- 'Can do' attitude. Ambition and a capacity for hard work
- Ability to demonstrate empathy, diplomacy and thoughtfulness in all communications, verbal and written
- Tenacious and resilient with strong attention to detail and ability to consistently demonstrate this across a breadth of communications
- Persuasive and passionate about GwL's aims and objectives with a strong belief in and commitment to our mission, vision and values
- A commitment to equality and diversity in a meaningful way
- Educated to undergraduate level and/or relevant professional qualifications
- Commitment to operating free from the influence of the gambling industry
- Hold the right to work in the UK
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, provided by GwL
- Experience of engaging with political stakeholders
- A track record in the area of campaigns and communications, with evidence of successful influence in areas of social change
- Knowledge of the political landscape of Northern Ireland
GwL would look favourably upon candidates who are experts by experience of either gambling
related harm or suicide. GwL is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity to ensure
that we reflect the full breadth of the people we aim to support. We warmly welcome applications
from all suitably-qualified candidates.
Training and development:
- Successful candidates will be provided with training on how to deliver the education resources and receive support for ongoing training needs and relevant qualifications.
- Mental Health support qualification provided and paid for.
Salary for this role will be dependent on skills and experience.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Louise Quinn, Professional Services Manager at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs