Honeycomb is assisting our client, a leading professional service organisation, with the recruitment of an Office Manager for their premises based in Belfast city centre. This is a full time and permanent role with excellent opportunity for growth and progression.
A leading Professional services organisation with an office based in Belfast city centre.
This is a new post within a newly established Business Support Unit responsible for core business support services such as Finance, HR and contracted services. The organisation has a range of outsourced contracted services covering services such as IT support, internet telephony, MFDs, catering and cleaning. The postholder will work under the direction of the Head of Business Support and will be responsible for the management of the outsourced contracted services in order to secure value for money.
Key to this varied role will be the ability to be proactive and take the initiative without waiting for direction. In addition, the postholder will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task. A high level of ICT competence is essential together with familiarity with Audio-Visual platforms (such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams).
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the IT support provider contract the postholder will to ensure that the company has adequate protection in the form of firewall, anti-virus software, virtual servers, support, etc.
- Liaising with the IT provider to ensure that new employees have access to the adequate resources, e.g. adding new employees on to computer network, to include networking drives, printers and updating 'white lists.
- Ensure that the company is following all Data Protection legislation and that all policies and procedures are up-to-date, and adhered to.
Office contracts should be awarded in line with the requirement of the organisations Procurement Policy. Responsibility will include the following -
- Ordering office stationery, consumables and printing cartridges
- Implementation and upkeep of office phone system to include adding new employees and ensuring an updated extension list is circulated
- Organise office mobile phone contracts, order additional phones when required and monitor usage
- Office equipment to include all electrical and manual equipment, e.g. credit card machine, printers, photocopiers, and binder, etc.
Office Management / Clerical Duties
- Arrange cover for office reception desk
- Allocate and co-ordinate the tasks of office support staff, ensuring effective output and capacity is being utilised through the management of the performance of tasks
- Support, coach and train office support staff in office processes and procedures.
- Liaise with the Building Manager regarding regular maintenance requirements
- Organise the distribution of mail
- Manage the archive storage and confidential shredding contracts, ensuring that contracts are tendered and a cost-effective service established
- Assist with ISO 9001:2015, quality management system, and with data protection compliance
- Experience of working at a senior level in an administrative or secretarial environment responsible for prioritising the allocation of work within a private or public sector organisation, or professional body.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs, or equivalent, grade C or above, including English and Maths.
- Educated to A Level standard, or equivalent
- Proficient across the full MS Office suite
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary scale for the post starts at £25,229 per annum (under review). There is a probationary period of 6 months.
The other principal ancillary benefits are:
- A contributory pension scheme to which the employer contributes at a rate of 10% of the salary;
- In addition to the normal public and bank holidays, a leave entitlement of 22 days per annum which increases to 25 days per annum after 5 years' continuous service.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Louise Quinn, Professional Services Manager at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Experience: 0 yrs