Honeycomb is partnering with a distinctive public sector client to recruit for a Deputy Principle Grade Governance & Information Manager on a FT contract basis 12mths. Excellent package, Belfast (hybrid)
The Client - This client operates across 3 sites regionally with a strong Directorate overseeing extensive budgets with regards managing and promoting a high volume of recipient focused project coordination.
The Role - Reporting into the Director of Corporate Services; the main duties of this position surround assisting with the Body's various information management and governance responsibilities, which are essential to allow the organisation to meet its Business and Corporate Plan targets as well as adhere to a number of statutory and legal requirements.
Further duties will consist of but will not be limited to:
- Establish and maintain a Records Management Policy (comprising both manual and electronic systems)
- Establish effective information risk management, information security and information assurance policies
- Information Security
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and good practice (both in Northern Ireland and Ireland) in Data Protection, GDPR and Freedom of Information.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of ensuring Information Governance and Data Protection compliance within an organisation at manager level (preferably within the public sector)
- Experience and/or working knowledge of processing FOI request and all related legislation
- Demonstrable experience in implementing governance frameworks in previous roles
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of creating, reviewing, updating and completing Data Protection Impact Assessments and Information Sharing Agreements.
- Experience of records management and carrying out Information Audits
- A qualification in data protection such as BCS/ISEB, CIPP/e or CIPM
- Experience of delivering internal training courses on GDPR/ Data Protection issues
- Experience of working within a dynamic and highly legislative environment demonstrating the ability to respond strategically.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Experience: 0 yrs