Honeycomb is assisting our client, an international Law Firm, with the recruitment of a Document Checker for their exceptional Document Services team based in Belfast City. This role is full time, night shift, over 4 days.
Our client is an international Law firm with over 30+ locations worldwide. A true leader in their field, known for their excellence and heavily invested in staff training & development.
The Document Centre team work on and oversee high quality documents in accordance with the needs of the department's clients.
The role of Document Checker is to provide a timely and high quality document checking, copy editing and proofreading service in accordance with the needs of the departments client's. Typical duties will include:
- Working with the department's clients liaising over instructions and clarifying queries as appropriate following the required administrative and technical procedures.
- To proofread documents, accurately and effectively, using the department's standardised marks on hard copy or to edit documents accurately on screen or listen to and check oral transcriptions if requested.
- To organise day-to-day department workflow in rotation with others, as follows: to book in work, following the agreed booking-in procedure, working with the department's clients and the Bridge to take instructions, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as appropriate.
- To liaise with other Document Services departments to manage departmental deadlines to keep workloads under active review and ensure that deadlines are not at risk of being missed, and to follow procedures to ensure clients are informed of any potential issues.
- Liaise with clients to take instruction, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as necessary.
- To keep personal workload under active review and to advise Bridge, colleagues responsible for workflow, the department's clients or Supervisor immediately of any potential issues.
- To provide advice for Clients with regard to the use of English language or house style issues and editing documents to improve readability if requested.
- To ensure time is recorded accurately using automated time recording software and enable the department to charge back work.
- Legal, financial or similar professional proofreading services experience preferred
- Experience/understanding of the principles of effective workflow management
- Experience working on complex technical documents in client and deadline driven environment
- Eye for detail and computer literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent client service skills
- Good organising skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Committed to personal development
- A good team player
This role is unique on the market offering night time working hours. You will work full time hours over 4 days allowing you 3 full days off for an excellent work / life balance.
Hours of work - Tuesday to Friday, Wednesday to Saturday rotational shift, 3 shifts of 2230-0900 + 1 shift of 2300 to 0900, 37.5 hours a week.
This amazing role comes with a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
For further information and to apply, please contact Louise Quinn on 02896 207050 or apply with your CV via the attached link
Experience: 0 yrs