Honeycomb is delighted to be recruiting alongside a large division within a public sector organisation for a Deputy Principle Business Manager. FT, 6 month min. post; competitive package & free parking; G.Belfast.
The Client - This organisation hosts multiple divisions with large budgetary spend across a number of government platforms. Director level engagement throughout multiple sites where a collaborative approach towards policy & risk mitigation caters for a robust centralised business support unit.
The Role - One of the Directors across this division currently has the need to recruit an assisting Deputy Principle Business Manager in order to support and bridge the gap between Heads of Branches and Operational Managers who oversee research and finance processes/ procedures.
This 'business critical role' will include but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Oversee the alignment of processes where both research & operational processes require discussions for the benefit of programme governance, effective target outputs and financial budgeting.
- Strategically develop and assist in the delivery of monthly; quarterly and annual divisional plans.
- Assist branches with their business planning and associated resource bids, business continuity plans and continual updating of risk indicators.
- Assist in line management of 12-15 staff throughout divisional Business support team & overall communication across the remaining 200 staff throughout the wider division.
- To support the Director to ensure the highest level of corporate and financial governance reporting is completed regularly
- Develop key business cases for procurement of high value items and services and assist senior staff in the production of robust and accurate business cases before their submission for approval
The Person -
- Experience of providing support to multiple directorate figures
- Experience in public sector /cooperate governance and development of business plans and continuity plans
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work as part of a team or under own initiative in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of IT competence in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel particularly.
- Excellent project management skills
- Business case development skills and experience of governmental procurement processes and governance.
**Please note, applicants who do not demonstrate relevant experience will not be considered for this role. Due to a high response of applications in the current climate, we are unable to provide individual feedback, however will endeavour to get back to you.**
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
Experience: 0 yrs