Band 3 Administrative Assistant required on a temporary basis based in Health and Social Care Board, Linenhall Street Belfast
Role: Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Health and Social Care Board, Linenhall Street Belfast
Hours: 18.75 hours
Duration: 18 December 2019 (May be extended)
- To receive and deal with incoming telephone calls including routine enquires as a first point of contact with the Directorate
- To deal with the receipt, recording and distribution of mail and other correspondence, including faxes and email, in an efficient and effective manner. This may include dealing with sensitive correspondence
- Input data to relevant spreadsheets and databases and collate and compile statistical information when required.
- To assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of the Directorate's filing systems and to ensure that files are properly index for prompt retrieval and that filling is kept up to date with appropriate operation of a "Brought forward" system
- To be responsible for the management of diaries and scheduling of meetings as appropriate for designated officers.
- To arrange meetings and seminars, including travel arrangements, collection of data, information and preparation of agenda
- To take, draft and circulate minutes, ensuring that those attendance are clear on any follow up actions when required
- To assist in the smooth administration of the directorate as member of the administration team and providing cover as and when required, as well as participation in a rota for the cover of annual leave and sick leave
- To provide an efficient and effective typing service in support of senior officers as required. This will include the use of computerised software.
- 4 GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR Higher Qualification AND 1 year admin experience within an office environment
- All applicants must have one year's experience working with Microsoft Office or similar, including Microsoft Excel. It is essential that applications provide examples that demonstrate their experience in the use of computer packages for the analysis and presentation of data.
- Effective communication skills- ability to communicate fluently and effectively both in writing and orally with other agencies and members of staff at all grades
- An ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage workload effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Experience of working as part of a team
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 14/11/2019
Experience: 0 yrs