Are you an experienced office manager within a fast paced, professional services environment?
Do you have strong staff management skills with the ability to lead high performing teams?
Would you like to work for a leading company with excellent career opportunities?
We have a very exciting new role for a global business that is growing their Belfast operation. If interested call Alex on 02890 313157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership & Management
- Build a high performance culture within Office Operations team to achieve a consistently high staff engagement resulting in a highly effective and motivated team.
- Staff management of the Office Operations Assistant, Receptionist, Personal Assistants, comprised of all aspects of team and staff management including regular 1:1s with team members, performance reviews, and where required staff recruitment.
- Liaise with the senior management team and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for ongoing improvement to the Office Operations function and performance of the Office Operations team.
- Regularly meet with internal stakeholders to exchange information and to discuss issues affecting the office.
- Directly contribute to regional or global operation projects, typically as the Belfast representative and local subject matter expert.
- Working with stakeholders in Belfast, proactively identify opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Provide advice, identify strategies and produce and implement plans for improving efficiency and effectiveness for the local office and where appropriate, the firm.
- Collaborate with other office managers to work together to improve overall operations.
- Manage the reception staff to ensure consistently high quality of all client services functions, including reception, meeting room management, video conferencing facilitation and hospitality. Seek to enhance and improve these services.
- Ownership and responsibility of both the internal and external client facing services including client hospitality, events and office visits.
- Ensure operational excellence for the areas of facilities, maintenance, premises & space management, mail, print room, hard copy records management, workplace health & safety, physical security, sustainability, business continuity and travel management.
- Manage all third party contracts related to the running of the office, including cleaning, maintenance, stationery supplies, couriers, transportation, external catering, events and functions, and responsibility for associated invoices.
- Manage the relationship with the landlord and/or his agent to ensure that the building services provided such as security, mechanical and electrical services, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) meet the needs of the firm.
- Manage business insurance, insurance budget and renewals liaising with London as required.
- Manage and report on the office's environmental performance including energy management and recycling.
- Assess the use of office space, organise office moves and ensure the space is utilised effectively to accommodate the office's continued growth.
- Responsibility for the Office Operations budget, managing costs and tracking spend to budget and reporting on any variances
- Update and maintain the Belfast office guide.
- Act as the regional travel lead, ensuring compliance with the firm global policy and liaising with local agents and providing feedback on performance to the global travel lead.
- Lead on business continuity arrangements and processes for the Office Operations function.
- Organise business, social and other ad hoc events.
- Lead small-scale projects.
- Work on global or regional strategic projects as required.
- Influence and support the implementation of various change management initiatives.
- A proven track record of working as an Office Manager or similar role within a fast paced professional services environment.
- Previous experience of leading, managing and developing high performing teams. A proven track record of successfully negotiating and managing service contracts.
- Demonstrable experience of developing new, innovative concepts or original approaches without guidance from others.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to confidently get messages across to senior stakeholders, with clarity, energy, confidence and enthusiasm.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs