This is a vital role for this market leading client, proof reading high quality documents for the business and supporting their continuous growth. The successful candidate will be joining a business which can offer them an excellent working environment and the opportunity for progression.
Hours of work - Tuesday to Friday, Wednesday to Saturday rotational shift, 3 shifts of 22:30-09:00 and 1 shift of 23:00-09:00.
- Working with the department's clients liaising over instructions and clarifying queries as appropriate following the required administrative and technical procedures
- To proofread documents, accurately and effectively, using the department's standardised marks on hard copy or to edit documents accurately on screen or listen to and check oral transcriptions if requested
- To organise day-to-day department workflow in rotation with others
- Book in work, following the agreed booking-in procedure, working with the department's clients and the Bridge to take instructions, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as appropriate
- To liaise with other Document Services departments to manage departmental deadlines to keep workloads under active review and ensure that deadlines are not at risk of being missed, and to follow procedures to ensure clients are informed of any potential issue
- Liaise with clients to take instruction, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as necessary
- To keep personal workload under active review and to advise Bridge, colleagues responsible for workflow, the department's clients or Supervisor immediately of any potential issues
- To provide advice for Clients with regard to the use of English language or house style issues and editing documents to improve readability if requested
- To ensure time is recorded accurately using automated time recording software and enable the department to charge back work
- To be flexible with regards to work location and working hours. It may sometimes be a requirement to work in the London office for special projects and meetings. Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off shift.
- To be flexible in undertaking these duties and any other duties as required
- Experience of proof reading in a professional services environment
- Experience of effective workflow management
- Experience of working on complex documents
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs