MCS Group is currently working alongside ICC Belfast | Waterfront Hall | Ulster Hall to recruit a Commercial Manager for Entertainments.
The Commercial Manager for Entertainments will be the driving force for the performance of all BWUH Ltd Entertainment activities, including the development and planning and management of the programme of events. They will be responsible for maximizing profits and revenue generation across all areas of entertainment; including room hire, additionals, ticket sales, customer charges and retail sales.
The Commercial Manager will work closely with the Sales and Marketing Director to develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy aligned to the overall goals and objectives of the company to ensure delivery of agreed outcomes and performance levels for entertainment including income, expenditure and profit targets for all aspects of the entertainment business; attendance targets; and customer service targets.
They will be responsible for developing key commercial partnerships and for negotiating, contracting and liaising with a wide range of clients including; event agencies, promoters, agents and artists.
They will work closely with marketing team and ticketing partner, to ensure exceptional client/customer service levels across the entertainment offering and keep up-to-date with trends to ensure that Waterfront Hall and Ulster Hall are industry leaders.
The Commercials Manager work closely with the Head of Events and Customer Experience, liaising with the Operations Department regarding the planning and delivery of entertainments events and exhibitions.
The company is committed to its vision to be world class and create an environment in which our people will continue to grow and play their part in building business tourism, live entertainment and events to deliver socially, culturally and economically for Belfast and Northern Ireland. All employees are expected to commit to the company values of "Do It Right, Do It Now".
- With BWUH Senior Leadership Team, development of the BWUH annual operating budgets for entertainment and Business Plan, to ensure business growth, maximising profitability of BWUH through room hire, ticket sales, box office charges, retail sales, and tech production
- The achievement of agreed BWUH income, expenditure and profit targets for all aspects of the exhibition and entertainment business; attendance targets; and customer service targets; retail catering income and creation of additional revenue streams
- The delivery of a programme of productions, events and activities (live entertainment and hospitality) which will be attractive to audiences and potential audiences, and on terms which supports the delivery of BWUH strategy and business plan, the achievement of the commercial targets and objectives
- Work closely with the Marketing Executive to ensure the development and delivery of marketing strategies, plans and campaigns which ensure the achievement of attendance and business targets in line with the business plan and strategy
- Working closely with BWUH Catering Partner to ensure that the retail offering is consistently high quality, in line with patrons' expectations and retail catering income is maximised
- Overseeing the procurement and operations of BWUH merchandise partner to deliver merchandise operations at BWUH venues
- Production of monthly management information and lead on monthly business income meetings for exhibitions and entertainment to ensure the achievement of business targets
- Development and supervision of supplier partnerships to monitor the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of marketing activity
- Find creative and innovative solutions to ensure BWUH exceeds customer expectations and delivers the objectives outlined in the BWUH Business Plan
- Build, develop and support a high-performing and customer-focused team to ensure effective delivery against targets and strategy to meet and exceed client expectations
- Develop a culture of empowerment, performance management and engagement within the team aligned with the Mission/Vision/Values and organisational culture of BWUH
- Encourage and ensure a continuous improvement ethos with staff through the development of a culture of business excellence and application of performance against goals and objectives and service standards
- Ensure adherence to BWUH's end to end process is met and that VEMS is used as appropriate for the venues, and to be responsible for you and your team's accurate input of all event information and service orders
- To undertake duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the BWUH
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required
- An exemplary track-record delivering commercially successful sales
- An excellent understanding of live events, entertainment and exhibition programming options with ambitions at a level appropriate to the Waterfront and Ulster Hall
- Demonstrable commercial success via achievement of business growth and service targets across multiple revenue streams, including the creation and delivery of new revenue streams
- Enthusiasm for, and ideally experience of, successful food, drink, and hospitality operations in an events/entertainment / arts / theatre context
- Evidence of leadership of a teams to deliver the achievement of agreed targets and objectives via development of vision and policies, and their effective mobilisation
- Understanding based on direct personal experience of the full range of operational challenges facing live events, theatre, concert or entertainment organisations
- Proven success in developing new business relationships and productive, mutually-beneficial relationships with stakeholders and potential business partners
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and numerical skills
- In- depth knowledge and experience of using ticketing systems to drive sales and catering revenue
- Knowledge and experience of working with promoters and commercial partners in the entertainment industry
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan McMahon, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456?
Experience: 0 yrs