MCS Group is currently working alongside a well-established and leading construction company to recruit a Business Development Manager for their Belfast based operation, with travel required throughout the UK & Ireland. £55k - £60k base plus bonus.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join an organisation that for over 30 years have worked closely with customers in building successful projects, through expert knowledge and innovation.
The successful candidate will be responsible in managing business development opportunities identified and to submit PQQ, bid documentation and bid review process within the business. This will include, but not be limited to, identifying and pursuing introduction into business opportunities in line with the business strategic development plan and the business' budgets and forecasts and in accordance with delegated levels of authority.
- Develop a Business Development Plan in line with the Business Plan and the annual budgets and forecasts
- Develop and monitor designated client relationships before, throughout and between projects including managing client's expectations throughout live projects
- Advise Board and the SMT on a Business Development Strategy through regular monitoring of the construction market
- Report to the Board and the SMT on business opportunities and agree designated BD/client relationship leads
- Lead a weekly business development and marketing meeting
- Record and report to the Board and the SMT success and loss ratios
- Build a relevant database of marketing and business opportunity contacts in local and national markets
- Lead regular reviews of all available regularly published databases identifying relevant business opportunities
- Lead on the development and expansion of turnover and profitability within the business in accordance with KPI's, annual budgets and forecasts
- Lead on the development and growth of the business in existing and into agreed new markets
- Manage and direct the production of prequalification and bid documentation
- Plan and lead B2B communications
- Monitor the use of web and social media platforms for business development purposes
- Develop and manage bid 'go' no-go' appraisals
- Carry out a continuous marketing role for the company through professional and business contacts
- Ensure that company SHEQ procedures are integrated through the business processes
- Third Level Degree - preferably within the construction, civils or utilities industry
- Meaning of 5 years' business development experience within a construction setting
- A good working knowledge of construction and engineering processes and contracts
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan McMahon, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456?
Experience: 0 yrs