MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Assistant Accountant for our client based in Belfast on a full time, permanent basis.
Working in a TOP100 NI company where learning opportunities and progression are high up the priority list, you will have access to excellent mentorship whilst working alongside experienced finance professionals. This is a brilliant opportunity for someone working towards their professional qualification who want to take that next step up in their career and add value to an organisation.
Your New Job:
- Provide cost information on a weekly basis with supporting commentary and call outs.
- Carry out period end reviews and engaging with the supply chain team of cost variances
- Provide business support to the supply chain director and his team to support business decisions
- Support the forecast and budget process
- Support the internal audit function within supply chain
- Support hard close and completion of balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Any other reports/information as requested by the Supply Chain Accountant to support the finance team
What you need to succeed:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working within a fast-paced finance environment
- Studying to attain a membership of a professional body e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with respect to formatting and large databases
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to agreed deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
Experience: 0 yrs