Your new company
Our client, a public sector organisation, are recruiting an experienced Procurement and Contracts Manager, This role is temporary with the potential to go permanent.
Your new role
- Provide effective support to policy and operations director by co-ordinating the strategic procurement and contract management needs.
- To keep developments within the sector under review and make recommendations as required Take a lead role in the development of the procurement strategy and associated policies and procedures including taking into account both current and emerging changes arising from European, national, regional procurement best practice.
- Support the implementation and use of e-procurement and develop and maintain sustainable procurement strategies.
- Take the lead in project managing effectively in the procurement for nominated contracts ensuring a timely and efficient operation of the tendering process, development of tender documentation, output specifications, award criteria, evaluation criteria, payment mechanisms, negotiations and recommendations and debriefing of unsuccessful tenderers etc.
- Advise and support council offers of procurement documentation, tender specification and tender evaluation processes.
- Achieve continuous improvement of procurement by developing high level procurement skills, consultancy support and best practice.
- Take lead on managing the operations phase of the contracts to ensure contractors comply with their obligations in accordance with the terms of the technical specification, performance, quality of service, quality of service, payment mechanism and other relevant.
- Deliver business process improvement through the identification and development of opportunities where efficiency gains can be achieved through the procurement and contract management processes.
- To effectively manage the interface with external parties.
- Keep under review developments in technology which offer continuous improvements to the procurement process including the use of e-tendering/e-procuring.
- To keep under review other quality assurance initiatives and make recommendations to the Director as to their suitability and incorporation into the assurance and quality aspects to demonstrate continuous improvement for to its governance.
- To be an active member of specific working groups and project teams to contribute to technical responses, agenda preparation and servicing of the various groups and meetings as required including the timely and accurate production of information required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in managing large volume procurement contracts and tender applications
- Experience in the etender system or similar
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Paid leave
In return you'll get the opportunity to work with a dynamic and progressive organisation as a procurement and contracts manager. You will receive a competitive salary and additional benefits such a pension and free parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs