Warehousing/Retail Job: Trade Counter Assistant: Our client based in Belfast requires a Trade Counter Assistant to support their Sales, Warehousing and Stock Control departments while providing excellent customer service and product information to the general public.
Operating in the North and South of Ireland, with sites in England, France, Germany and the Middle East, our client is renowned as being one of the fastest growing and leading suppliers of materials to the construction industry. Employing over 200 staff in the North and South of Ireland this company pride themselves on their employee care, career development and progression, while holding an impressive record with their customers for on-time delivery, attention to detail and excellence in customer service.
Due to continual growth and expansion our client requires a Trade Counter Assistant with Warehouse Operative duties to assist the Sales and Marketing, Warehousing, Stock Control and Parts Advisor teams.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
· Provide advice to customers at the Trade Counter on materials available, most suitable materials, project cost and cost savings
· Speak with suppliers both face to face and over the phone to negotiate the best price for materials.
· Raise purchase orders and update the bespoke Warehouse Management System on materials that have been delivered, ordered or sold.
· Assist the Warehouse Team with welcoming and organising deliveries of stock to site so that materials going back out for fast delivery are easily located and reloaded for distribution
· Provide excellent customer service at all times, dealing with customers face to face and over the phone, taking orders, answering enquiries and providing accurate quotes for material.
· Dealing with all internal enquiries from the Warehouse, Procurement, Sales and Stock Control departments.
· All other Trade Counter and Warehousing duties as required.
· One year’s previous experience in a Trade Counter, Customer Assistant or Showroom Sales role for a construction/fit out/builders merchants company
· Proven previous MRP/WMS systems experience
· Minimum two years previous experience working in a customer facing position
· Valid Counterbalance/Reach forklift licence
· Valid CSR Card (Green)
· Due to the nature of the role a valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle would be an advantage but not essential.
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000pa
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4.30pm (1 hour lunch break)
Benefits: This Company offers an excellent benefits package which will be disclosed and discussed by the client at interview stage. Other benefits include free on-site car parking, on-site amenities while being located close to shops and restaurants.
Does this sound like the challenge you have been looking for? Do you have the skills and experience required to excel in this position? Then please forward your CV (MS WORD FORMAT) ensuring it demonstrates how you meet the essential criteria.
Mairead McConnell, Brightwater Recruitment Specialist