Job Title: Trainee Car Sales Executive
Location: Isaac Agnew (Volkswagen), 1 Boucher Road, Belfast BT12 6HR
Hours: The nature of this position will require you to work such hours as deemed necessary to complete your responsibilities.
Report to: Sales Manager
To achieve agreed sales targets for new and/or used cars, within defined operating and financial guidelines.
To contribute to the development of plans, policies and procedures that will ensure the achievement of all sales tasks in a timely manner.
Your skill set:
- Previous experience working in a sales related environment.
- Professional and confident when interacting with customers.
- Able to work to targets and have a personality that’s driven to succeed.
- Flexible with approach to working hours.
- Full driving licence (at least one year post driving test)
- Computer literate (experience of using Kerridge would be advantageous).
Following successful training the key responsibilities of any Agnew Sales Executive are as follows:
- To prepare and use a planned sales presentation, designed to achieve maximum results from available sales opportunities. This will include customer greeting; qualifying; handling objections; product presentation and demonstrations; closing and delivery.
- Contribute to the achievement of maximum customer retention through:
- Effective delivery and handover of vehicles.
- Regular customer follow-up.
- Develop and use a planned daily, weekly and monthly prospecting sales call programme, designed to create additional sales opportunities for new business.
- Develop and maintain a full knowledge of all products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
- Handle all customer queries and complaints in a manner that ensures they are resolved. Always consult Sales Manager and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Provide reports as required on all sales activities including follow-ups, new clients, etc., to ensure accurate sales forecasts where possible.
- Maintain adequate records of all sales activities.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and on time.
- Carry out accurate appraisals on all vehicles presented or part-exchange, using a systematic appraisal record, including mechanical, electrical and all cosmetic features. Agree valuations with the Sales Manager and complete satisfactory negotiations with potential customers to maximise sales.
- Maintain all demonstrators supplied for personal use in a clean and tidy condition at all times, suitable for use as customer demonstration cars.
- Contribute to the high standard of showroom, site/vehicle display presentation.
- Fully take part in any on or off site programmes, which may from time to time be generated.
- To take an active part in upholding the Company’s Health and Safety Policy as set out in the Conditions of Employment.
Limits of Authority:
- Not to supply car valuations to customers without the agreement of the General Sales Manager.
- Not to enter any purchase or sale contracts without the approval of the General Sales Manager.
- Not to deliver cars prior to full payment without the approval of the General Sales Manager.
For further details please click on the APPLY BUTTON.