Job Title: Costing and Warranty Administrator
Location: Bavarian, 2 Boucher Crescent, Belfast, BT12 6HU
Report to: Service Manager
The main purpose of the BMW Costing and Warranty Administrator is to ensure;
- Customer satisfaction through the correct application of the Manufacturer’s Warranty Goodwill and Costing Procedures
- Ensure accurate compilation and submissions of all invoices – Warranty, Retail and Internal
- Ensure warranty claims are submitted within time limits and any corrections are actions within time scale
- To monitor and print relevant reports to advise management of progress and concerns
- To contact BMW Warranty Department in order to resolve any ongoing warranty issues
- Assisting with all aspects of Aftersales Administration
Your skill set:
- Minimum of 2 years Costing and Administration experience within a franchised dealer environment.
- Experience of using Kerridge / CDK Autoline Computer System would be beneficial.
- A good working knowledge of computer packages including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Full driving licence Aged 21+ for insurance purposes.
The following responsibilities are core to the effective performance the Costing and Warranty Administrator working within the BMW Brand. Accuracy of work is a priority in all responsibilities. We may require additional specific activities and, where so, these will be identified separately.
- To ensure all warranty, goodwill and recall work is documented as per manufacturer requirements and dealership policy.
- Maintenance of customer information on database.
- To ensure warranty and goodwill work is in accordance with manufacturer and dealership policy.
- Apportioning of costs for disallowed warranty claims to the appropriate source.
- To ensure relevant dealer personnel are aware of forthcoming recall campaigns and changes in warranty/goodwill procedures.
- Advise other company employees on all warranty related matters where applicable.
- To ensure invoices are correct and ready for agreed time of customer collection.
- To ensure that Flat Rate Times are used where possible and that open time is only used when totally necessary and totally justified.
- To ensure performance is recorded.
- To report and advise on poor job card write ups.
- To ensure all paperwork meets with BMW requirements.
- To manage and action all current and future WIPs to ensure set targets are attained.
- To liaise with Service Advisors, Workshop Control and other members of Costing Department to ensure WIPs are actioned accordingly.
- To ensure Internal repairs are invoiced and agreed efficiencies / targets are attained. Repairs achieving < 95% to be returned to Workshop control for investigation.
- To ensure Warranty repairs are invoiced and agreed efficiencies / targets are attained. Repairs achieving < 80% to be returned to Workshop control for investigation.
- To ensure Retail repairs are invoiced and agreed efficiencies / targets are attained. Repairs achieving < 90% to be returned to Workshop control for investigation.
Customer Service and Satisfaction
- To ensure customer satisfaction through the provision of advice on warranty and goodwill to other members of the company.
- To ensure effective use of technical knowledge/skills and warranty procedures enabling effective, economic and correct application of the manufacturers and company warranty and goodwill systems.
- To ensure requests for advice/consideration are made to the manufacturer in special cases where normal procedures do not allow submission of any claims.
- To assist and advise Customer Facing Staff and Service Support whenever necessary.
Profitability / Cost Control / Management
- Development of personal knowledge and experience in order to improve profitability, customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- To ensure that jobs passed for warranty/goodwill submission are accurately invoiced and costed, and to suggest improvements and corrective action to the Service Manager where deviations occur.
- To ensure the correct submission of warranty/goodwill claims to the manufacturer as per guidelines.
- To ensure that Defect reports are correctly completed by the workshop staff, and then ensuring their correct use under the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- To ensure that all parts replaced under warranty are retained for the correct period of time, correctly labelled and made available to the manufacturer on request.
- Examine outstanding warranty debts on the weekly and daily reports and implement action to ensure their recovery.
- To check the credit notes made out by the manufacturer for completeness and passing on to the accounts for processing.
- Apportioning the costs for disallowed warranty claims and returned parts to the appropriate source.
- To meet revenue budgets in a fair and proper manner.
- To manage and action Manufacturers Enhancement Campaigns and Recalls ensuring all guidelines are adhered too.
- To review Warranty Management Reports through Cobis and action improvements or advice on procedures.
- To manage the Costing and Warranty Team and ensure a positive working environment is achieved, leading by example.
- Ensure Warranty Write-offs are kept within pre determined target.
Health & Safety
- Take an active part in upholding the Company’s Health and Safety policy.
- Comply with Company legislation as set out in the Company Handbook.
- Notify Supervisor/Manager of damage or breakdown of equipment.
- Ensure work area is clean, tidy and in a safe condition in order to uphold Manufacturer’s and Company’s image.
For further details please click on the APPLY BUTTON.