Are you an experienced retail professional with a proven background in delivering commercial results?
Do you have strong negotiation skills and possess excellent commercial acumen?
Would you like to work for a leading local company with excellent career opportunities?
We have an exciting position to join our prestigious client based in Belfast. If interested or would like more information please call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
The role of Trading Manager is to lead the development and implementation of an effective range strategy for their portfolio, grounded in the overall trading strategy and consumer insight that supports the delivery of our brands. The strategy will be designed and delivered through engaging with customers and suppliers and leading cross functional project teams incorporating, merchandising, product development, marketing, sales, HR, store development and finance.
Developing and executing an appropriate range strategy for an assigned portfolio. Responsibility for: offer execution through cross functional cooperation; setting retail and wholesale prices, negotiating total cost of goods, retail and wholesale margin achievement.
- Degree qualified in a business related discipline
- Proven track record of delivering commercial results in a fast moving environment
- Have worked cross functionally
- Extensive negotiation experience
- 3 years of managing and operating at an operational business level
- Responsible for delivery of commercial results
- Strong commercial acumen
- Systematic problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Strong Numeracy skills and experienced in the use of spreadsheets.
- Data analysis and interpretation
- 2-3 years' experience of managing a designated portfolio in excess of £10-20m within the retail industry
- Knowledge of the Irish and UK grocery industry would be a distinct advantage
- Sound category management experience in the retail trade
- Strong best practice people management skills
- Capable of leading cross functionally
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs