KYC (AML) Manager - Global Professional Services
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting an KYC (AML)Manager on behalf of a progressive global professional services organisation. Reporting to the Head of Operational Services, this is a truly strategic career opportunity and will initially be responsible for the migration to the Belfast office.
* Overall responsibility for the effective management of the EMEA client lifecycle function, ensuring that all activities are executed to defined service levels and on a timely basis, meeting the requirements of the business
* Oversee the delivery of complete and timely on-boarding of all new clients, ensuring that the team undertake and thoroughly complete all necessary KYC/AML and due diligence checks
* Management and oversight of periodic client reviews, ensuring completion to project plan and standards that ensure compliance with client and risk management policies
* Ensuring the effective monitoring of negative media alerts and where appropriate, investigation and escalation to compliance
* Management and oversight of the process for preparing, distributing and storing client documentation
* Management and oversight of processes to support the business in the negotiation of brokerage terms.
* Management and oversight of processes to support the business in the drafting and executing of client contracts (give-up agreements)
* To analyse and implement necessary change to client lifecycle processes (including remediation projects) required in order for the firm to be compliant with regulatory change
* To engage with regional counterparts as appropriate, to ensure that process, procedures and governance are aligned
* To manage the transition of functions and responsibilities into and out of the Client Lifecycle team in a manner that ensures strong business risk management
* To act as a liaison to, and provide support for, any internal or external audits
* To ensure the team effectively partners with IT on technical developments, including requirements gathering, UAT and post-release support
* Preparation and periodic completion of management information reports to be discussed with senior and regional management during service reviews
* Recruitment, management and development of the client lifecycle team. Talent management, training and development and succession planning for the team while ensuring strong employee engagement of what should be a highly performing, well-motivated team
* Ensure that all members of the team have the relevant knowledge and training, so as to ensure that:
o There are no "single points of failure" within the team
o Cross training and knowledge transfer is implemented and maintained at all times
o All members of staff have sufficient knowledge and experience to ensure that they understand their role as a "first line of defence" and that our business remains protected.
* Ensure that any necessary process and procedures are documented, and maintained through any relevant changes.
* Must be legally eligible to work in the UK.
* Strong, demonstrable experience of effectively managing a KYC/AML team or similar across the client lifecycle
* Sound knowledge of the financial markets and financial regulation affecting client lifecycle management including Dodd Frank, FACTA and MiFID II
* A broad base of operations knowledge and experience
* Strong proven experience in the management of a team that operates under pressure.
* Experienced in building and establishing teams, and through mentoring, empower them to achieve, and deliver against evolving goals.
* Proven experience in identifying, implementing and ensuring success of any process improvements
The package is negotiable and will tailored, depending on the individual. Successful applicants can expect a package tailored to attract top candidates.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other senior finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joanne Gordon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 255
Experience: 0 yrs