Vacancy Reference - 16167
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Survey Data Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 37 ours per week and expected to last until the end of March 2019. The following duties will be required -
* The post holder will prepare and upload geo-locational information to GPS instruments to guide field soil sampling operatives during field soil sampling. Checks and maintenance of the equipment will be included.
* They will download, quality control, validate and archive returned survey data from field operatives.
* They will assist the research team with processing and organisation of various data sets in Excel (or equivalent) software and be expected to undertake data analysis, preparation of model input data sets and assist in the interpretation of outputs.
* The post-holder will have excellent communication skills and will need to build and maintain partnerships, collaborations and relationships with relevant stakeholders
* They will contribute to research that is driven by the policy requirements of the Client
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A degree in environmental science, agriculture, geographic information systems (GIS) or a related academic field.
* Previous experience in the use of GPS equipment and associated software. Experience in GIS would be advantageous.
* Previous experience of the management, quality control and manipulation of databases relating to large and complex environmental data sets (including Microsoft Excel/Access).
* Practical knowledge of farming and the link between agricultural practices and soil and water quality in agricultural landscapes.
* Proven ability to work as part of a team and contribute to research in an environmental science related discipline.
* Have access to a form of transport to meet the requirements of the post in full
Candidates will be required to obtain an Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26.00
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.