Vacancy Reference - 17242
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Statistical Officer x2 to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week and expected to last up to 51 weeks. The following duties will be required -
* The purpose of the post is to provide support to the DP Statistician responsible for production of reoffending statistics
* To assist in the production of annual official statistical bulletins
* To assist in the production of bespoke reoffending analysis primarily using Data Lab methodology for use in the wider evaluation of offender behaviour programmes and interventions
* To provide statistical support within the Department relating to Programme for Government and ongoing policy development
* To provide statistical support to on bespoke projects commisioned within the Department
* To assist in the restructuring and redesign of ASG publications, widening the use of infographics
* Assisting with the preparation of responses to AQs, FOI requests, ad hoc and press queries, and Ministerial correspondence
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* At least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods
* At least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level
* A postgraduate qualification that has included training in statistics and/or social science research methods
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Team working and good interpersonal skills
* Strong organisation skills
* Ability and willingness to quickly understand, and work to review and develop outputs form this work area
* Good data and analysis and presentation skills are important in this post, as well as a sound knowledge of software packages including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
* Extensive knowledge and experience of using SPSS
* Development of Department’s infographics using e-draw (Desirable)
Candidates will be required to undergo CTC/SC clearance.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.