Vacancy Reference - 16205
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Scientific Officer (Hazardous Waste Compliance and enforcement Team) to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm and expected to last for 51 weeks. The following duties will be required -
* Carrying out hazardous waste compliance checks
* Some of these will take place at the port facilities and are physical in nature
* Taking enforcement action where appropriate
* Using internal databases to monitor compliance and manipulating data using Excel to extract reports
* Maintenance of these databases
* Providing operational support to the Hazardous Waste Compliance and Enforcement Team
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* 4 GCE/GCSE 'O'Levels, grades A-C in separate subjects- Must include English, Maths and a science subject
* 1 years' practical experience of working in a field appropriate to the business area where the opportunity exists. Experience may be gained in academic/ voluntary or work related fields
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic NI check at a cost of £26.00
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.