Vacancy Reference: 17455
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Neighbourhood Officer for the Newtownabbey area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £9.01 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
To provide a supporting and complementary role to the Patch Manager teams by undertaking an agreed programme of duties tailored to the needs of estates and communities throughout the Area.
All officers will undertake 'scheduled' and unscheduled' tasks daily and maintain a daily logbook of all activities.
The duties, subject to Area office requirement, will be drawn from the following areas:
* Estate Management
* Environmental Management
* Community Development
* Carry out Health and Safety checks in communal areas at low, medium and high rise flats
* Monitor and, if required, clean communal areas including low, medium and high rise flats.
* Liaise and report repairs including visits to elderly or vulnerable tenants to assist in accurate reporting of repairs etc.
* Assist maintenance staff and tenants.
* Undertake 'PLC' schedule of inspections and action defects accordingly.
* Monitor void Commercial Property.
* Environmental Management:
* Work with grounds maintenance and office staff in addressing environmental issues.
* Assist in the identification of grounds schemes.
* Monitor and report on bonfires.
* Monitor and report on travellers' sites.
* Monitor and report on the condition of open spaces.
* Provide information on land use on estates and provide a link between communities and the Area Office.
* Assist Land & Regeneration Services by undertaking Undeveloped Land Site (ULS) inspections.
* Monitor minor instances of nuisance and low level ASB.
* Assist Council Environmental Health Officers where illegal dumping is an issue.
* Ensure that abandoned cars are removed promptly from NIHE land and maintain accurate records of all incidences and the action taken.
* Assist Area representatives at residents / community association meetings, deal with tenant queries, produce progress reports on activity and provide feedback to tenants on activity in our estates.
* Undertake estate based inspections in partnership with community representatives, agencies and SCNI in preparation for attending the Area interagency meetings.
* Provide assistance and information for Area management attending inter-agency meetings etc.
* Develop and maintain links with local communities and their representatives.
* Co-operate in community development through liaison with the statutory, voluntary and community sector.
Other duties will include:
* Providing cover throughout the Area as and when necessary.
* Attending court in support of cases being presented on a range of Community
* Safety and Estate Management issues.
* Identifying and resolving obstacles to excellent customer service.
* Drafting responses to letters and complaints on behalf of Area Management.
* Completing reports, activity logs etc. on the range of work undertaken.
* Undertaking other relevant duties as may, from time to time, be required.
* Hold a BTEC National or equivalent Professional or Technical qualification plus at least one year's relevant experience
* Have five GCSE "O" Levels, or equivalent qualification, plus at least two years' relevant experience.
Exceptionally candidates not holding the above level of qualifications but with three years' relevant experience may also be considered.
Essentially, applicants must have relevant previous experience in a housing / social care / welfare / caretaking role. Applicants must also demonstrate a mature supportive attitude to people and preferably have experience in counselling and first aid skills. There will be associated administrative duties.
Access to a mode of transport is required.
Benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment:
* Competitive weekly pay
* Positions exclusive to Kennedy Recruitment
* Chance to be considered for more desirable opportunities
* Ongoing training and support with our specialist Consultants
* Opportunity to progress your career with Kennedy recruitment
How to apply:
To be considered for this role click on the 'Apply' button and upload a copy of your CV. You can also call us on 028 9033 0555 to speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and discussing this opportunity, as well as the many benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business. Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will start at the bottom of the scale and receive annual incremental pay increases. However, under our client's policy, there is flexibility to start at a higher point within the scale based on an applicant's previous salary. This can be discussed further at offer stage.