Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Information Governance Officer for a fantastic opportunity in their South Belfast offices. This role is expected to last 6 months in the first instance and is full time, Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm. Completion of the following duties will be required -
* This role has been being appointed to target a piece of work to support a comprehensive data flow exercise to identify instances where data is transferred outside the organisation, and in such instances establishing whether appropriate controls are in place to ensure the data is securely transferred.
* Development of information risk analysis and information asset register
* To deliver training to Information Asset Owners (IAOs) and Information Asset Assistants (IAAs). To develop appropriate policies, procedures and training materials to support the IG agenda.
* Ensure that IAOs have a record of what information is held, what is added and what is removed and how information is used and accessed. To ensure the IAOs have an understanding of providing regular written reports to the SIRO on the assurance and usage of their asset.
* The Information Governance Officer will provide specialised knowledge to senior management and staff and clear guidance and performance assessment to ensure that Trust meets both its statutory and legal obligations.
It is essential that candidates meet the following criteria -
* Educated to degree level or have the relevant professional experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
* Able to work under pressure and manage priorities and workload appropriately
Desirable criteria -
* Specialist qualification in Information Governance/Data Protection or relevant professional experience
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.