Vacancy Reference: 17417
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Housing Advisor for the Belfast area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37.5 hours per week, at rate of £11.98 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on a range of duties for a domestic response maintenance contract and provide a high quality service in a timely and professional manner. You will ensure that all work is carried out to an extremely high standard, and that all Client requirements below are attended to:
* Assessing customer's circumstances by conducting interviews in a manner suitable for each customer, undertaking visits to customers in their homes/temporary accommodation, conducting enquiries and collecting information to understand customer's needs
* Undertake comprehensive investigations and make robust legal decisions and fulfil duties under the Housing Order (NI) 1988
* Completing full homelessness investigations
* Writing to the applicant to inform them of the decision and their right to a review
* Arrange emergency accommodation, ensuring that any temporary accommodation that may be required under a full homelessness duty is provided
* Effectively manage a caseload ensuring that cases are prioritised to reduce the necessity for temporary accommodation admissions and limit the time customers spend in temporary accommodation
* Contribute to organisational understanding of housing supply as required
* Actively seek alternative accommodation in both private and public sectors as appropriate based on an understanding of the housing and support needs of the customer. This will include the day to day management, co-ordination and matching of applicants in housing need to suitable accommodation options ensuring that clients are kept appraised of the progress of their case
* Provide comprehensive housing assistance on matters such as eligibility, homelessness, security of tenure, public and private sector tenancies, housing and welfare benefits, income maximisation, arrears, harassment, unlawful eviction, home ownership, housing support, and other necessary areas of advice with the aim of preventing homelessness and sustaining tenancies
* Work closely with internal colleagues, stakeholders and agencies to prevent homelessness when possible drawing on resources and working in partnership rather than directing customers towards other agencies
* Provide any ongoing housing advice and assistance that may be required
* Have a degree [or a qualification of an equivalent academic level] and have a minimum of 1 year relevant experience.
* B Tech Higher [or a qualification of an equivalent academic level] and have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
* Exceptionally candidates not having the above level of qualification but who have 3 years relevant experience will also be considered.
Essential Experience Criteria:
For the purposes of short listing, candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience, for the number of years required depending on their level of qualification, in all of the following areas below:
* DECISION-MAKING: Interpreting relevant policy and statutory requirements to make appropriate decisions to meet the needs of customers.
* TEAMWORKING: Working as an effective team member to support the achievement of shared outcomes.
* CUSTOMER INSIGHT/PROBLEM-SOLVING: Effectively gathering information to gain insight into customer needs and identifying practical solutions.
* PARTNERSHIP/PROBLEM-SOLVING: Working with both internal and external stakeholders to find effective housing solutions.
It is desirable for candidates to have:
* Housing experience
* A Housing qualification
Benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment:
* Competitive weekly pay
* Positions exclusive to Kennedy Recruitment
* Chance to be considered for more desirable opportunities
* Ongoing training and support with our specialist Consultants
* Opportunity to progress your career with Kennedy recruitment
How to apply:
To be considered for this role click on the 'Apply' button and upload a copy of your CV. You can also call us on 028 9033 0555 to speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and discussing this opportunity, as well as the many benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business. Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will start at the bottom of the scale and receive annual incremental pay increases. However, under our client's policy, there is flexibility to start at a higher point within the scale based on an applicant's previous salary. This can be discussed further at offer stage.