Vacancy Reference - 16596
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Higher Professional & Technical Fire Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, and expected to last for 51 weeks. The following duties will be required -
* Advising Client Department designs teams and/or their consultants on all aspects of fire safety and associated legislation;
* Undertaking surveys of premises to establish if action is needed to meet legal (ie. Fire Risk Assessments)/Crown fire standards
* Research and recommendation of economically justifiable solutions to the problems which arise
* Inspection of minor construction work to ensure the aspects of fire safety are completed correctly
* Specification of fire safety systems and firefighting equipment required in premises
* Liaising with Client Departments and statutory bodies (including the Health and Safety Executive NI and Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service)
* Advising premises management on fire prevention and fire safety procedures
* Provision of fire safety training to client departments/bodies; and
* Inspection and reporting on fire occurrences, urgent action notices and reports of fire safety concerns for client departments/bodies
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* At least an ONC/BTEC (certificate/diploma) or equivalent Level 2 qualification in a building / construction related subject
* The Watch Commanders' Certificate including the Fire Safety Element
* The Specialist Fire Safety Officer (14 week course) Course
* The Specialist Fire Safety Officer (Modularised) Course to include the modules listed below:
* Fire Safety Building Regulations & Guidance
* Fire Safety Legislation and Risk Assessment Auditing
* Fire Safety Fire Alarms & Emergency Lighting
* The Advanced Specialist Fire Prevention Course Certificate from the Northern Ireland Fire Brigade/Fire Authority for Northern Ireland/ Fire and Rescue Service
* Consideration will also be given to those with relevant formal qualifications considered to be of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated. Relevant or equivalent qualifications: give the type of qualification and date awarded (the date awarded is the date on which you were notified of your result by the official awarding body). If you believe your qualification is equivalent to the one required, the onus is on you to provide details of modules studied etc so that a well-informed decision can be made
AND (along with at least one of the above)
* At least 2 years relevant experience gained within the last 6 years of either:
* Establishing requirements* for fire safety; e.g. producing Fire Risk Assessment reports.
* Providing specialist advice* on fire safety; e.g. producing Project Fire reports
* A combination of the 2 above
Candidates will be required to obtain a CTC clearance.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.