Vacancy Reference - 16736
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 6 Procurement Manager to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last for 6 months (with possible extension for a further 3 months).
The following duties will be required -
* Support the Senior Procurement Manager in providing a cost effective service in respect of the provision of a comprehensive procurement service to a range of Organisations in the HSC Sector
* Responsible for managing and developing the Procurement service at their Procurement and Logistics (PaLS) location, to fulfil their key role in the supply chain thereby supporting health and social care to patients and clients
* The post holder will assist in fostering a spirit of commercial awareness within their Procurement location, using that to equip staff to meet the changing needs of the HSC in NI
* Managing the procurement service at their PaLS location and deputising as required for the Senior Procurement Manager in related matters
* Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager in providing a cost effective procurement service and in developing that service to meet future needs and trends in the provision of Health Care
* Lead and participate in developments and negotiations with key customers and suppliers for trust specific and multi trust value for money opportunities
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Candidates must hold a University Degree (management or business) or relevant Professional Qualification, such as full membership of CIPS or CILT AND at least two years’ relevant experience in Procurement and Contracting
* In the absence of a University Degree (management or business) or relevant Professional Qualification Candidates must have five years’ relevant* experience in Procurement and Contracting, two of which must include the management or supervision of staff
* Ability to maintain and improve services and systems to meet high standards of quality and professionalism, contributing to the management of change, whilst maintaining and continuously improving Customer Service
* Candidates must have well developed communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with commercial suppliers and senior personnel within HSC organisations
* Candidates must be capable of assessing objectively all aspects in the management of the supply chain
* Candidates must be familiar with all aspects of contracting, in particular Public Contracts Regulations 2015
* Have experience in negotiating with commercial suppliers
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.