Senior Research Officer - £30.64, Belfast
Your new company
A Well Known Public Sector Organisation based in Belfast
Your new role
The Senior Research Officer will be a member of the RaISe management team that is collectively responsible for research and library services. The key business priority for RaISe is the provision of a professional research service that delivers: * high quality research on all subject areas * written and oral briefings based on this research for Members, their staff and Assembly committees; * research support, briefing and advice to the Secretariat. Research staff work directly with Assembly Members, Committees and Secretariat staff in the production of non-partisan, objective and evidence based research. RaISe aims to cover, in depth, the major subject areas that are within the Assembly's legislative competence and to provide reasonable coverage of all other policy related subjects. Each of RaISe's four teams is led by a Senior Research Officer who has responsibility for the management, quality assurance and planning of research and information services.
- The four SROs and the Head of RaISe form the management team responsible for the delivery of research and information and services to the As a member of this team the Senior Research Officer is responsible for service improvement and the delivery of RaISe support to business.
- Responsibility for the management of one of the RaISe teams and will manage the output, staff and resources of that team so that RaISe service standards and business plans are delivered.
- Management of demands, timeliness of responses, clarification of the terms of reference of research/information requests, the distribution of work and delivery for the research team.
- Ensuring that the output from their team meets RaISe standards of providing evidence based policy/legislative analysis that is timely, impartial, non-partisan and fit for Assembly business purposes.
- Producing research papers and other explanatory material covering a range of subject areas concerning their research team and the Service
- Responsibility for leading a team of professional research and information staff to meet the research needs of the Assembly, its Committees, individual MLAs, and the senior staff within the Secretariat.
- Responsibility for monitoring and reviewing team performance to ensure consistency with Service standards, assisting accountability and the improvement of the quality of RaISe products and support services.
- Contribute to the management of the Service, including the development of Service wide policies and procedures to ensure effective use of resources and continuous improvement of the quality and range of research output.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective use of financial and other resources to meet the needs of customers including the contracting of external research support when appropriate.
- Interface directly with a range of key customers while maintaining and enhancing relationships through effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Responsibility for the commissioning of research and specialist advice from external providers.
What you'll need to succeed
An honours degree (at 2/2 level or higher) in any subject area;
PLUS At least 5 years' professional experience as a researcher or professional information provider.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they have experience of conducting non-partisan, evidence-based peer reviewed research and producing research and information briefings/reports involving the proficient application of evidence based analysis;
AND At least 3 years' professional experience of making oral presentations based on their research.
- Experience of managing research staff to deliver publication quality output over tight deadlines.
- Expertise / experience in at least one of the fields of; 1. Criminal justice, 2. Institutions and governance (particularly relating to the European Union and the devolved government of NI), 3. Human rights, employment equality and equal opportunity and/or 4. Quantitative methods, statistics and survey methodologies.
What you'll get in return
Temporary role initially until the 31st August with the possibility of extension.
£58,963 - £60,751
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs