Premiere People Healthcare are urgently seeking a Band 6 Pharmacist on behalf of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
About the role:
The post-holder will be part of a team of pharmacists providing all aspects of a modern hospital pharmacy service.
* Mater Hospital Pharmacy Department- Band 6
Key Duties & Responsibilities
DISPENSING AND DISTRIBUTION
* Participate in the work of the dispensary, including clinical and accuracy checking of prescriptions and dispensed medicines, both within the dispensary and at ward level.
* Review and assess inpatient and outpatient prescriptions for legality, accuracy, safety and appropriateness of drug therapy.
* Ensure all work completed complies with Medicines Ethics and Practice, local policies and procedures, risk management and health and safety policies and protocols.
* Communicate recommendations on drug therapy to doctors, nurses and other relevant healthcare professionals.
* Liaise with relevant clinical pharmacists on patient care issues.
* Dispense and supply medicines.
* Advise patients on concordance with their medicines.
* Receive, store and supply controlled drugs in accordance with the Misuse of Drugs Act and Trust policy.
* Dispense clinical trial drugs according to protocols.
* Provide a professional and courteous service to patients, staff and other healthcare staff attending the dispensary
ASEPTICS AND QUALITY CONTROL
* Work in the Aseptic unit (including radio-pharmacy if required), collaborating with other pharmacists and senior technicians in the prioritisation of workload and the provision of a safe, efficient and timely service
* Undertake the in house training programme on the technical aspects of aseptic manipulation and the clinical aspects of aseptic products e.g. parenteral nutrition, intravenous additives and chemotherapy
* Develop knowledge and understanding of current legislation and guidance, standards of practice, COSHH, GMP, risk management and Health and Safety policies governing aseptic preparation.
* Ensure all work complies with standards of practice, risk management and health and safety policies and protocols including the handling of cytotoxic drugs
* Review and assess chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition patients' prescription charts for legality, accuracy, safety and appropriateness of drug therapy.
* Check the accuracy of assembled aseptic medicines for individual patients
* Work in the quality control section of the pharmacy department.
Full job description is available upon request.
* M.Pharm in Pharmacy or equivalent.
* Membership of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland or eligible for membership.
* Effective communications skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
* Effective planning & organisational skills with an ability to plan own workload
* Ability to work to tight timescales through effective time management.
* Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of high quality and safe services with an ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
* Hold a full current driving license valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
To apply please contact a member of the Healthcare Team on 02890 720104.
Experience: 0 yrs